Sunday 30 July 2017

Getting carried away

Lack of enthusiasm. It's never been the case for me. Quite the opposite.*

I'm still crazily working away on my new book. It's all got a bit out of hand.

The original idea was to produce a compilation of my Let's Brew recipes from the past two years. I've been writing a lot of recipes and it would be handy (for me, if no-one else) to have them handily in one spot rather than scattered about the blog.

But when I looked at what I'd assembled, I realised it was unbalanced. Lots of Mild recipe, but not many Stout ones. Lots from the 1940s and 1950s, but little from the 19th century. So I started working on some extra recipes to fill in the gaps.

It made sense to try to use some of the brewing records I'd never done much with. Like Reid, for example. Then I thought, wouldn't it be nice to finally publish some more North American recipes. Especially as that might tempt people to buy the book. Then I started thinking about all the Lager stuff I'd accumulated. Why not include some of that, too?

36 Mild
46 Pale Ale
38 Porter and Stout
25 Strong Ale
47 Lager
7 Brown Ale
18 North American

I make that 217 recipes in total. And it probably won't remain at that number. I'm tempted to throw in some DDR Lager recipes, too. If I have time. And I definitely want to include a Crimea Porter recipe. And IBSt and Contract porter. So much to do, so little time.

let me know if there's anything else you'd like to see in the book.



* "You've never been enthusiastic about housework, Ronald." Dolores just remarked.

3 comments:

Brando said...

Just more North American, and if you can, I know it's hard, from the United States. I actually have a couple Pre-Pro recipes from logs here in New Mexico, if you need some space filled...

Professor Pie-Tin said...

Dolores is a very sound woman by all accounts Ron.
If there's one thing we topers in life need it's a sound woman.
Who also likes a drink herself.
Mrs Professor Pie-Tin is as sound as a pound.And she drinks like a non-return valve,God bless her.

Ron Pattinson said...

Brando V,

I'd love to see those New Mexico logs. Always good to get more US stuff.