Friday 28 November 2014

Yule Logs!! competition!!

Ever wondered what brewing logs look like?

No obviously not. Unless you're a wierdo like me. And I'd like to hope you're fairly normal. Otherwise I'm a goner.

They've a beauty that transcends their functionality. Not just the flambouyant copperplate of the early 1800's, but also the clinical numbers of the early 1900's.

What about a competition? A little puzzle. With a prize, of course.

It's pretty simple. You have to tell me everything you can understand in one of the brewing logs featured in the book. It's from Whitbread and I think, Table Stout. See what you can make of it:


The entry with the most details wins a copy of the book. But, you have to have a minimum of these details:

ingredients, type and quantity
OG
racking gravity
volume of TS in barrels

Extra points for yield per quarter and gyle volumes and gravities.  And Kristen - you're not allowed to enter.

Send in your entries via the "get in touch" form at the top left hand corner of this page. Or via the email link you'll find on my website:

http://www.europeanbeerguide.net/

It's hard. But that's the point.


Almost forgot the prize: my strange book.


Buy my strange book! Think up your own reason. Do you expect me to do everything for you?


1 comment:

Phil said...

Ron, Ron, Ron. You read these things so that we don't have to.