Sunday 23 June 2013

My Arse again

I promised you my arse and here it is. In the form of the new back cover for the super-duper hardback edition of Bitter!.

You know, that book of mine that's all about the alphabet soup that is Pale Ale: IPA, AK, PA, ALK and goof old BB. You'll find them all inside, vainly trying to form themselves into fude words. Like touret's on toast. But classier.

This is the first real Mega Book Serires edition, in luxury hardback form. Given the minimal difference in price - the softback is €24.95, the hardback €29.95 - you may as well buy the posh edition. That's what I've done.

Notice what's odd about the Bass label?

All that's left for me to say is Buy Bitter! now!. It's full of fun stuff.

4 comments:

Rob Sterowski said...

It’s a fake; Ratcliffe is spelt wrongly.

Ron Pattinson said...

Barm,

no, that's not it. I'm pretty sure Ratcliff is the correct spelling.

Unknown said...

Location! I think? Dundee, burton on Trent? My geography is terrible, especially considering I'm American.

Ron Pattinson said...

It's the top border of the label: not symmetrical with the bottom, nor rhe same shape as the label itself.

I find that quite shocking seeing as how these labbels were issued like bank notes.