Friday 7 June 2013

Bitter month

As CAMRA hasn't come up with a Bitter Month, I've decided unilaterally that it's June. As aliteration is out of the question - whay are there no months beginning with the letter "B"? - June seems as good a month as ever.

Coincidentally, I've made a few little updates to my book on all things Pale Ale, my pithily entitled "Bitter!". If you want to know all about PA, IPA, AK and other random assemblages of letters, look no further because this is the book for you. More than 600 pages of Bitter fun, including recipes to homebrew Pale Ales from 1839 to 1965.


It sounds so tempting, I may even get myself a copy.

I've been wondering of late about that 1839 Reid IPA. Is there an older brewing record of a beer that's incontravertably an IPA?  If you know of one, get in touch.

Meanwhile . . .

Buy "Bitter!" now! Because I say June is Bitter Month.

2 comments:

The Beer Nut said...

"Brumaire".

Ron Pattinson said...

Beer Nut,

that's the only revolutionary month I actually know. I didn't realise that they also had 10 day weeks. How long was the weekend?