Sunday 29 March 2009

Talking of decoction

Decoction in the 1930's. Wouldn't it be great to know more. And about decoction in the 19th century. Or the DDR. Why hasn't anyone written such a book?

They have. I have. "Decoction!" is 200 plus pages of central European beer excitement. Lager styles explained! Weird, extinct beer styles! Ron on the lash!

Everything. Literally everything, and more than you ever wanted to know about beer in central Europe. Don't be deceived by the unfortunate title. There's lots about non-lager beers. And it's not all "homebrewing crap" (as Mike calls it). There are stacks of statistics. Tall tables. Short sentences. Fun a mundo.

Buy it now! And maybe, no promises, but maybe, the kids will eat every day next week. Help feed a child. Buy "Decoction!".


Support independent publishing: buy this book on Lulu.

11 comments:

Bill said...

You can't put your starving children on my conscience. More beer stuff to read, the wife will be overjoyed.

Mark Andersen said...

This is the one I've been waiting for. Thanks Ron! From what I've read so far it looks like a real bargain.

Alistair Reece said...

Can I assume that you had access to "Geschichte des Brauwesens in Budweis" for this book?

Ron Pattinson said...

Velky Al, no I didn't. Any idea where I can get a copy?

Alistair Reece said...

I am in the process of getting a few chapters scanned by the Austrian National Archive - the whole book is out of my budget for the time being. The book was published in 1895 and covers the entire history of brewing in Budweis up to that point, if you want the table of contents as a .pdf, let me know and I'll send it to you.

Ron Pattinson said...

I can't find it on Abebooks. So yes, the table of contents would be most welcome.

Alistair Reece said...

Couldn't find your email address, drop me a quick line to the address on my blog and I'll get it to you ASAP. Cheers.

Ron Pattinson said...

Velky Al, you can find my email address on my website:

http://www.europeanbeerguide.net/

Kristen England said...

This is a good place for that kind of stuff also:

http://www.ggb-berlin.de/frameset.html

Lots of good stuff.

Bill said...

A bit of deja vu going pgs 35/36 and 37/38. Different title but same text.

Ron Pattinson said...

First Stater, well spotted. Tiny little error there.